All 339 art Reviews

Anxiety Anxiety

I know the feeling all too well, bro. Still fantastic animations. The anxiety can't stop your consistent talent tho! ;D

Moonrise Kingdom Moonrise Kingdom

Oh my god Tyrstan. I love you.

Moonrise Kingdom is one of my favorites. On top of the fact that it's also directed by one of my favorite directors, Wes Anderson.

Lemmo just say, that I absolutely love this one. The framing, the colours, and the little eyehole in the art, is all incredibly faithful to the actual film's visuals. Not only that, but I love how your art style compliments the characters as well! IT'S SO GOOOOD

I think pretty much everything Wes Anderson has made I've loved in some form. And the simple and funny story of Moonrise Kingdom, made me fall in love with it. So happy you like this film as well.

I'm sorry, but as soon as I see a Wes Anderson-based piece, you summon me pretty much immediately. I normally wouldn't want to give you requests, especially in a "Newgrounds review", but pleeeeeaaaaase do The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I'd love to see how you artistically interpret the colours of that film!

Absolutely fantastic art, as always, yet incredibly simplistic in presentation. Love ya man <3

Haaaa, I'm happy you like it, Retro! :D

I only say his last three movie (that I enjoyed, obviously). I'll have to try to see Life Aquatic one day. Maybe it will inspire me to draw! ;)

Death of Sonic Death of Sonic

This is so bad oh my god lmao

IvoAluminum responds:

I know that sucks.

friends! friends!

wow

a crop o' girls a crop o' girls

I love the girl you drew at the bottom, lol.

yugland responds:

Thanks fella!

Generic 70s Album Art Generic 70s Album Art

This looks almost like an Earth Wind and Fire album cover, and I freakin love it! The stars looks super nice too, however I feel like it could have more shit going on.

The '80s were a time of excess, and I feel to truly capture that feeling of excess, would be to put immense detail and a whole lot of shit onto the canvas to show that really crazy side to the cover. To be honest, this looks more like a '70s album cover, which is pretty damn good, but not '80s.

In a lot of '80s songs, note that they put reverb on literally every instrument into like, every mix ever during that period. It was pretty much the cool thing to put a shit ton of reverb on everything in pop/rock songs of that period, which really shows that everything in the '80s was more or less just excessive and overdone. MAKE IT MORE VIBRANT DUDE

BrandyBuizel responds:

I wholly agree with you...
*sneakily changes submission title*

Possum Magic Circle Possum Magic Circle

Holy sweet mother of Christmas this is beautiful...

THESE COLOURS! THIS FUCKING COMPOSITION!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S SO GOOD. THIS IS SOME OF YOUR BEST WORK, OH MY FUCK

Great to see you still making pretty good-ass artwork, man! Just... consistently good. Like I said once before to you "You're like the ABBA of art... just keep making consistently good work time and time again."

Happy that you like that! :'D And happy to see you active too! /o/

And thanks. Gotta love that weird comparison, hahahaha.

D.Va D.Va

I love you UnSerious guy. Have my babies

Waiting for the bus Waiting for the bus

Bromance is getting to be a cooler and cooler concept. I like your bromance a lot.

The characters are fun, and have a ton of potential to be made into a pretty cool series that you could make if ya wanted to! I like Hector the most, and his design is one I like a lot.

Also the rain in this is fucking gorgeous. The lighting work is absolutely incredible, and its simplicity of the characters, juxtaposed with the crazy detail in everything else in the environment is somewhat humerous.

I love how much you've improved, even though your art was already fuckin great already, you've improved in ways that I couldn't even imagine. I love your art so damn much, my friend! :D

ZeTrystan responds:

Oh shush, you, with all your compliments. :'D Hahaha. Thanks, mate!

I actually want to make somethign with them! For now, in my head, it's going to be a video game... but we never know. I hope I'll make it, and I hope people will like it.

help help

lol what is happening

yugland responds:

Not quite sure, but it's somethin